Did you know that the demand for decades-old lead-based stabilizers has decreased? With the future moving towards climate-smart living, the PVC market is now diverted to a greener product: Lead-Free One Pack Stabilizer. This article aims to provide a more in-depth understanding of Lead-Free Stabilizers and explore the benefit of using Lead-Free One Pack Stabilizers over Lead-based Stabilizers.
What are Lead-Free One Pack Stabilizers?
Lead-Free One Pack Stabilizers are Calcium/Zinc based additives used in PVC processing to enhance heat stability during manufacturing process. They are free from heavy metals and used as an alternative to traditional Lead-based Stabilizers for PVC applications.
Why are they better than Lead based stabilizers?
Lead has been a highly exploited mineral since mining began. Lead-based Stabilizers have been used for years to stabilize and extend the life of PVC products worldwide despite significant concern about toxicity associated with Lead-based Stabilizers. There has also been a considerable amount of concerns raised by the National Green Tribunal (NGT) about the presence of Lead in PVC pipes. Besides the lead toxicity to humans, Lead is considered a poisonous environmental pollutant. Addressing these concerns and the new regulations around PVC formulations led to the removal of Lead from stabilizers by one-pack pvc stabilizer manufacturers in India and worldwide. While the market is still highly dependent on lead-based stabilizers, the demand for Lead-Free Stabilizers for PVC is expected to rise further. Here are 4 reasons why we expect a rise in demand for Lead-Free One Pack Stabilizers:
1. Heat Stability: Calcium & Zinc Compounds present in these Stabilizers increases the heat stability of PVC. This can substantially improve the processability of PVC.
2. Mechanical Properties: Lead-Free PVC Stabilizers have mechanical and electrical properties that help the PVC products to sustain in various environmental conditions.
3. Safer to Use: Lead-Free Stabilizers are environmentally safer stabilizers. Furthermore, these stabilizers are not a health hazard, hence, are safer for food packaging and agricultural application.
4. Popularity: Owing to the growing use of sustainable products, stabilizers without environmentally toxic heavy metals have gained popularity.
Applications of Lead-Free One Pack Stabilizers:
1. PVC Pipes and Profiles
2. Insulation and Sheathing Grade Wire and Cable Compounds operating at a 90℃
3. Nitrile Butadiene Rubber (NBR) and PolyVinly Chloride (PVC) applications.
The Ca-Zn Lead-Free Stabilizer for PVC application have gained importance, and the demand is growing. Lead stabilizers are still widely used in several PVC applications, but considering the environmental hazards, they are soon expected to be replaced by Lead-Free Stabilizers With Team Rewa, one of the best One Pack PVC Stabilizer Manufacturers of India’s Go Green Policy, we have forayed into manufacturing non-toxic PVC additives. We offer technical consultation and trials to set the process for clients, supporting our goal of being sustainable by using non-toxic stabilizing products.
Do PVC products have Lead in them?
Lead-based Stabilizers are used in PVC processing, so Lead is present in minute quantities. However, with growing concerns around the side effects of lead, there are Lead-Free Stabilizers available that can be used in formulating PVC compounds.